Are there any side effects associated with Meladerm Cream?
During the early part of 1999, Civant Skin Care began its plan of developing a safe and effective, yet, powerful skin lightening product. Before it was launched, this product was tested numerous times to make sure that it was perfectly safe for regular use.
The formula that was developed for this product was designed to be used by all skin types.
However, some people do have extremely sensitive skin and certain skin care products can cause a dermatitis type reaction. This is either an irritant contact dermatitis where the product damages the skin or an allergic contact dermatitis which has to do with the immune system. This type of reaction might involve a redness or swelling of the skin.
Meladerm Side Effects Are Minimal
Whilst most people report no side effects from using Meladerm Cream some of the possible side effects of Meladerm include:
• Mild skin irritation
• Increased risk of sun damage
• Minor skin cracking (temporary)
If you do experience any skin irritation it is recommended that you stop using Meladerm. Since Meladerm is also a known to have exfoliating powers, it is necessary for you to use a sun block at all times. Using a sunscreen that is friendly to your skin type will decrease the risk of sun damage while using this treatment.
There is also a possibility that in the first three to five days after application of the product, minor cracks will appear on your skin but this is usually temporary and not reported by many users.
The Natural Ingredients of Meladerm Skin Lightener
Meladerm is considered as a natural product because its ingredients are derived principally from plants along with other organic compounds that have been shown to promote healthy skin.
Intensive research was undertaken to find the best combination of these ingredients and Meladerm is free from harmful ingredients such as mercury, parabens, steroids and hydroquinone – substances that are known to be toxic to the body.
To alleviate any doubt from the users, the company has publicised a full list of the ingredients used in making the product. The main components are listed below in a little more detail so you can be reassured that they are natural compounds:
- Bearberry extract (Arbutin) – This edible red berry is a favorite food of bears and has long been used in herbal medicine. Bearberry contains something called arbutin, which is a natural skin brightener and a natural alternative to synthetic hydroquinone.
- Alpha Arbutin – Meladerm also uses a biosynthetic form of arbutin. Although it is a very expensive ingredient to manufacture, even at very low concentrations, a-arbutin has shown to be extremely effective in inhibiting the formation of melanin. A one-month study on 80 Chinese women, using a 1% alpha arbutin concentration, resulted in a “skin lightening effect”. It was faster and more effective than kojic acid and it left hydroquinone in the shade.
- Tego Cosmo C 250 – is a natural amino acid that helps to regulate cell growth and control PH levels of the skin. It has also been shown to inhibit the tyrosine enzyme that is associated with melanin production
- Gigawhite, – is a plant extract which also serves as a preservative-free skin whitener.
- Kojic Acid – is a natural alternative for hydroquinone that works as an age spot inhibitor.
- Other ingredients include: Licorice extract, Niacinamide or B23, Mulberry Extract, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Lemon Juice Extract, Emblica extract, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Rice Bran Protein, Soybean Protein and Ceramide 2 (for anti-ageing).
A Reminder for Users
Since there are different types of skin tones, keep in mind that certain skin types may react differently to the usage of Meladerm.
When using new skin care products, there is often an after effect that you will feel right after using the product for the first time. So it is important to note that there is a possibility of skin irritation occuring during the first application of the product but this should only be a mild instance.
If you do suffer ongoing or severe skin irritation stop using Meladerm immediately.
Because of the natural ingredients in Meladerm, it is unlikely a user will suffer any major side effects with continuous product usage. Meladerm has been proven to be a safe and effective skin lightener, with a loyal band of satisfied customers, which is why the product continues to thrive in the market today.