A number of readers have asked if they can add natural skin whitening ingredients to their own creams or lotions. The answer is…Yes!
This tutorial shows you how to add whitening ingredients like Kojic acid, beta arbutin, licorice extract and niacinamide (Vitamin B3) to your everyday lotion.
If you are looking for step by step instructions on mixing skin lighteners into own lotion you can simply watch the video or follow the written instructions below.
There are a number of natural whitening agents that you can mix into a homemade whitening cream. You do not need to use all of them if you prefer just one or two. Kojic acid and niacinamide are proven skin whiteners but there are other natural powders like alpha arbutin (from the bearberry plant) and white mulberry leaf extract that you could try.
All of these ingredients can be found online at herbal stores or at Amazon.
How to Make Kojic Acid Cream
You will need:
- 4 oz Base lotion
- 1 teaspoon Kojic acid powder
- 1 teaspoon Niacinamide (B3) powder
- 1 teaspoon Beta arbutin
- 1 tablespoon Aloe vera juice
- 10 drops Licorice extract
- 10 drops Sandalwood extract
- 10 drops Carrot oil
- 6 drops Papaya oil
- 20 drops Hyaluronic acid
- 1 teaspoon Lemon essentail oil
Watch the tutorial (12 minutes) or read the instructions below:
Instructions for making Kojic acid whitening cream:
- In a clean bowl measure out 4 oz of the base lotion – use an all natural lotion.
- Combine the Kojic acid powder, Beta arbutin powder and Aloe vera juice. Rose water oil or distilled water can be used in place of Aloe vera juice if you prefer.
- Dissolve this mixture using the double boiler method. Stir until it is clear. Be careful NOT to let it boil!
- Add this mixture to the base cream and stir well.
- In another clean bowl, mix the niacinamide powder, papaya oil and carrot oil and dissolve. You do NOT need to heat these.
- Add this mixture to the cream and stir it in. When it is well mixed you can add the rest of the ingredients; Licorice extract, Sandalwood oil, Lemon essentail oil and Hyaluronic acid. Be careful not to add too much of these oils as they will make your cream too runny.
- Pour your lotion into a sterilized container
- Store in the fridge.
Pure Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide Powder)TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum- Hyaluronic AcidLily of the Desert Aloe Vera JuiceNOW Sandalwood OilArtizen Carrot Essential Oil 100% NaturalSlice Of Nature Papaya OilNow Foods Essential Oils LemonEveryone Body Lotion, Unscented